20 February 2017
Skunks are notorious wildlife animals that are responsible for causing destruction in your home or yard. They presence can make you feel irritated and frustrated. These animals not only damage your valuables and other stuff, but also emit bad odor that can compel you to get out of the house.
Skunks usually spray the bad smell when they feel frightened. To prevent them from invading your home, take precautions that can restrict their entry. In case they manage to get inside, call in wildlife removal experts to eliminate their habitat. Till then, we can help you deal with the bad odor.
Some tips that can in removing skunk smell are:
- Find out the source: The foremost step is to find the source of the smell. Don’t get surprised, skunk smell always doesn’t mean there is a skunk nearby. This bad odor can pass from one place to another, therefore, whenever you notice such odor, find out the place where the effect of smell is maximum. Try to clean the place as much as you can to get rid of the fumes.
- Check if your pet is sprayed: Dogs and cats usually run behind skunks to shoo them away which makes them victim to the skunk smell attack. If your pet has been sprayed, chances are that he’ll keep on passing the odor from one room to another, thereby contaminating the whole atmosphere. To prevent such awful situation, its advised to take your pet outside the home and wash him thoroughly.
- Clothes: There are chances that the clothes you are wearing can catch the bad odor sprayed by a skunk. This is only possible if you are a direct victim to a skunk attack or have come into contact with the item infected with the strong odor. The only way to prevent it from spreading further is removing and washing the clothes separately with hot water.
- Run ventilation fans: If your home’s interior is filled with odors, let the infected air get outside and fresh air reach inside. To do so, open all the doors and windows. In case, the effect to bad air is too much that its impossible to stand inside the room, turn on the ventilation and air fans. Fans can greatly help in pumping out the odor from window openings.
- Spray air deodorants: The easiest way to deal with skunk smell is to beat the bad odor with the pleasant ones, i.e spray room fresheners and air deodorants in every corner of the house. This is an effective solution that can prove to be effective if repeated several times, until the skunk odor fades away.
These were the few effective ways to deal with the skunk odors. If your home is invaded by skunks and you are tired of bad smell, call our skunk removal experts right away.